Second Baccalaureate Degree
If students wish to earn a second baccalaureate degree after earning their first baccalaureate degree, students must enroll as a Post-Baccalaureate student and will need to complete a minimum of 30 new credits in his or her selected major program above and beyond his or her first undergraduate degree. Post-Baccalaureate students earning a second degree will meet all departmental requirements for the degree with respect to required GPA, credit and courses for a major in that department, as well as meeting degree requirements with respect to the GPA and courses required for the requested degree. Students who are seeking a B.A. Degree must complete the University's Modern Language Proficiency Requirement at or above the 103 level.
Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the student’s chairperson and dean of the second degree. As a post baccalaureate student, please check with the Financial Aid Office for available financial aid.
Second Master's Degree
In order to qualify for a second master’s degree, regardless of where the first master’s degree was earned, the graduate student must:
- Successfully complete a minimum of 15 semester hours of credit at Slippery Rock University beyond the first master’s degree.
- Apply no more than 12 semester hours of credit from the first degree toward requirements for the second degree.
- Meet departmental requirements for the degree with respect to the required semester hours of credit and courses for a major in that department.
- Complete all requirements for the degree, with the exception of credits accepted from the program of the first degree, within the six-year statute of limitations.
- Satisfy all incompletes prior to graduation.
- Meet all other University requirements for graduation and be in good standing.
Exceptions to these policies must be approved by the student’s chairperson and dean of the second degree.