Academic Catalog 2022-2023

Slippery Rock University

Course Drop, Add, Withdrawal

Open fall and spring full-semester courses may be added on MySRU during the first 8 days (including weekends/excluding holidays) of classes. Courses dropped during the first 8 days (including weekends/excluding holidays) of the semester will not be recorded on students’ permanent records. During the fall and spring semesters, students may not drop their last class on My SRU and should contact the Office of Academic Records and Registration for assistance. Students may withdraw from fall and spring full-semester classes with a grade of “W” between the second and tenth weeks of the semester. Students will not be permitted to withdraw from full semester classes after the tenth week and will be held accountable and awarded a final grade for all coursework, exams and other work assigned during the final five weeks of the semester. For fall and spring courses meeting fewer than 15 weeks, and all summer and winter courses, the withdrawal deadline is two-thirds of the way through the course’s beginning and ending dates.

Students desiring to add closed sections or courses for which they lack the appropriate pre/corequisites will have to secure the permission of the course’s professor.

Students may use MySRU or drop/add forms to drop classes anytime after they have registered until the end of the eighth day of the fall or spring semesters. After the eighth day of the semester, students taking on-campus courses must use withdrawal forms, which require the signature of the professor of the course and the student’s adviser.

Students who for exceptional reasons, are permitted to drop, add, or withdraw from classes after the university’s stated deadlines must receive their respective dean’s approval.

Students taking off campus or online courses must withdraw by emailing their professor who, in turn, will notify the Office of Academic Records and Registration of the student’s last day of attendance/participation in the course.

Failure to withdraw officially from a course may result in the assignment of a grade of “F”.