Academic Catalog 2022-2023

Slippery Rock University



Students who have interrupted their attendance at SRU for any reason may resume studies at Slippery Rock University by applying for readmission.

Good Academic Standing: Students who interrupted registration for one or more semesters and were in academic good standing at the conclusion of the last semester of attendance may be re-activated to attend the institution. Students can be reactivated through the Department of Exploratory Studies and Academic Progress and referred to their academic department for course advisement. 

Dismissal/Suspension/Probation: Students who have been academically suspended or dismissed or left the University while on academic probation may seek readmission to the University after waiting the term of their suspension which is one or two terms (fall term and/or spring term). In order to apply for readmission, the student should contact the Department of Exploratory Studies and Academic Progress. Completed students’ readmission applications will be forwarded from Exploratory Studies and Academic Progress to the College Dean’s office where the student was enrolled upon departure of the institution. The College Dean’s office will render a decision for the students’ readmission. 

For best service, processing time, and advisement, students should contact the university at least a month in advance of the beginning of the term in which they wish to enter the institution. The readmission application packet consists of: the readmission application, official transcripts from all institutions attended after leaving SRU and a written narrative from the student describing academic goals upon return to SRU as well as a plan to ensure academic success. 

Students who attended other institutions since their withdrawal, suspension, or dismissal from SRU or who have earned credit by exam will have their official transcripts/score reports forwarded by Exploratory Studies and Academic Progress or the appropriate Dean’s office to Transfer Admission for the formal evaluation and posting of credits to the degree audit. 

The readmitted student should contact Financial Aid to determine how their aid may be impacted through readmission. Readmitted students are responsible for meeting all academic requirements in effect at the time they are readmitted, not at the time they were originally admitted to the university.


Graduate students should contact Graduate Admissions at or 724-738-2051 for information on readmission.    If a student is within  or out of the statute of limitations and in good academic standing, Graduate Admissions will reactivate the student’s file.  Students should complete the Request for Reactivation of Student Record.  If a student is on academic suspension, the student must appeal to the dean for retry by completing the Request for Readmission.