Academic Catalog 2023-2024

Slippery Rock University

Transient Student Status - Undergraduate

Slippery Rock University students who are in good academic standing, or who are under academic probation/suspension and plan to take courses at another institution for transfer back to Slippery Rock University must complete and have approved by their adviser, chairperson and dean (if suspended) a transient student clearance form and comply with all regulations cited on that form. Credit will not be awarded for transient courses determined by the Director of Academic Records and Registration or his/her staff to duplicate coursework already posted on students’ SRU records. Transient credit will be awarded for courses in which grades of “D-” or better have been earned. Grades earned as a transient student will not be computed in students’ SRU cumulative GPAs. Copies of the Transient Student form are available in the Office of Academic Records and Registration and online. Transient students may not take credit earned by examination. Other policies governing transient status are available from the Office of Academic Records and Registration. Students must complete 30 of their last 60 credits in residence at SRU. In addition, individual departments may establish residency requirements for their majors and minors. Students should check with their academic adviser to determine the requirements for their academic program.