Management, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) - Online Degree Completion Program
Policy for Changing to Management Major:
A Slippery Rock University student wishing to change their major to the Management Online BS degree completion programs MUST have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Students graduating with a degree in business administration will demonstrate effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Students will:
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze and interpret financial statements to judge business performance.
- Apply critical thinking skills using quantitative techniques for problem solving and strategic decision making
- Communication: Students graduating with a degree in business administration will demonstrate competency in oral and written communication skills. Students will:
- Prepare in proper format and style the following documents: business report (one to two pages), business memo, research report and presentation.
- Deliver an effective oral presentation on a business and/or professional topic.
Information Technology: Students will demonstrate proficiency in the use of computers and software to manage information with statistical analysis, spreadsheet, database, and other appropriate applications.
Ethics: Students graduating with a degree in business administration will demonstrate an understanding of the legal environment and ethical standards of business and an awareness of the implications of their behavior and actions as a business professional. Students will apply an appropriate framework for examining ethical dilemmas and be able to (1) identify ethical issues and stakeholders, (2) evaluate alternative course(s) of action, and (3) formulate an appropriate action plan.
- Professional Proficiency: Students graduating with a degree in business administration will have acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to meet professional competencies as business professionals and global citizens. Students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and vocabulary unique to business disciplines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures, concepts, and technical business skills through practical application (forecasting, budgeting, financial statement analyses, business plans, strategic planning).
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret financial statements in the decision-making process.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and collaborative skills in a simulated business environment.
Online Degree Completion Information
Management and Marketing Department Page
Major GPA: 2.0 or higher
Overall GPA: 2.0 or higher
Core GPA: 2.0 or higher
|Rock Studies 2 Requirements||42|
|Other Basic Requirements||0-3|
* All undergraduate degree programs require a minimum of 120 credits. Some courses meet multiple requirements, but are only counted once toward the 120 credit total required to graduate.
Rock Studies 2 Requirements
|Basic Core Courses|
|Complete 33-39 credits||33-39|
|ECON 201||Principles of Macroeconomics 1||3|
|ECON 202||Principles of Microeconomics 1||3|
Indicates that SRU assumes to be completed as part of an associate degree
Basic Math Requirement
Check with your adviser or a current degree audit report to see if you have been exempted from this course. The credit earned in this course will not be counted toward the 120 credit hour minimum needed to earn a degree.
|Complete one of the following:||0-3|
Meet required minimum SAT or ACT math score OR
|Demonstrate "computer competency" by one of the following:||0-3|
Pass Computer Competency Exam OR
Select one of the following at SRU or another post-secondary institution:
|Introduction to Computing for Liberal Arts|
|Introduction to Computing and Programming|
|Technology for Wellness|
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION REQUIREMENT
Students must take and pass a course with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) designation prior to graduation. Students can meet this requirement by taking any DEI - designated course in any program at any time during their undergraduate career.
- 33 major credits must be taken at SRU or another PASSHE University
- SRU course offerings for this online Management program are based on the assumption that the student has completed minimum course competencies and an associate degree in business administration, which is comprised of most of the Management Basic Core Requirements and many Rock Studies 2 Requirements. Because associate degree curricula varies from transfer institution to institution, and because each online student transfers to SRU with a unique record of transfer courses and SRU degree completion needs, it is important for students to plan ahead for course offerings each term and to register as early as possible for each subsequent SRU semester/term.
|Basic Core Courses|
|ECON 201||Principles of Macroeconomics 1,2,3||3|
|ECON 202||Principles of Microeconomics 1,2,3||3|
|ACCT 209||Financial Accounting 1,3||3|
|ACCT 322||Business Analysis and Decision Making 1||3|
|ECON 219||Business Analytics I 1,3||3|
|or MGMT 219||Business Analytics I|
|ECON 319||Business Analytics II 1||3|
|or MGMT 319||Business Analytics II|
|MGMT 320||Operations Management 1||3|
|MRKT 230||Principles of Marketing 1,3||3|
|MGMT 351||Organizational Behavior 1||3|
|MGMT 303||Issues in Global Business||3|
|or FIN 303||Issues in Global Business|
|FIN 320||Managerial Finance||3|
|ACCT 340||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|MGMT 458||Business Capstone 1||3|
|MIS 265||Management Information Systems 1||3|
|Required Computer Science Course|
|MIS 210||Productivity Software 1,3||3|
|Required Management Course|
|MGMT 354||Human Resources Management 4||3|
|MGMT 454||Management Seminar 4||3|
|MGMT 456||Management and Society 4||3|
|MGMT 457||International Management 4||3|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Innovation 4|
|Employment Law 4|
or ACCT 451
|Sustainable Business Consulting 4|
|Organizational Leadership 4|
|Supply Chain Management 4|
|International Operations Management 4|
|Total Quality Management 4|
|Recruitment and Selection 4|
|Supply Chain Analytics 4|
|Management-Labor Relations 4|
|Compensation Management 4|
|Training and Development 4|
Course counts for 50% of Major and not for Major GPA
Course maybe counted as both a Major and Rock Studies 2 Requirement, but earns credit only once toward the 120-credits total.
Indicates that SRU assumes to be completed as part of an associate degree.
Course counts for 50% of Major and Major GPA
Some courses may require pre-requisites. Please see course descriptions to determine if there are any pre-requisites for that specific course.
Important Curriculum Guide Notes
This Curriculum Guide is provided to help SRU students and prospective students better understand their intended major curriculum. Enrolled SRU students should note that the My Rock Audit may place already-earned and/or in progress courses in different, yet valid, curriculum categories. Enrolled SRU students should use the My Rock Audit Report and materials and information provided by their faculty advisers to ensure accurate progress towards degree completion. The information on this guide is current as of the date listed. Students are responsible for curriculum requirements at the time of enrollment at the University.
PASSHE - Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Institutions
MANAGEMENT - BSBA (2347)
This program is effective as of Fall 2019.