Student Center and Conference Services
The mission of the Slippery Rock University Student Center and Conference Services department is to provide assistance to anyone seeking to hold an event on campus. Through our efforts, we create a welcoming community that fosters student learning and provides a valuable, regional resource.
- The Robert M. Smith Student Center is a community gathering space where we create opportunities for learning and engagement through informal interaction and programmed events. In addition to various lounges and meeting spaces, the following offices and services are located in the Robert M. Smith Student Center: Student Center Operations, Dining Services, Conference Services, PNC Bank, Electronic Technology Center, Starbucks, SGA Bookstore, Rocky’s Food Court, Quaker Steak & Lube, and the Student Development Suite including Student Engagement & Leadership, Inclusive Excellence, Women’s Center, Student Success, Cooperative Activities, Student Government Association, University Program Board, Pride Center, Veteran’s Lounge and other student organization offices.
- Students are our primary stakeholders, yet we also aim to serve the needs of the university and the community through support for events and programs.
- We train and empower our student employees to think critically, solve problems, and engage positively with diverse constituents.
- We create experiences for youth and adults to utilize our facilities and services through summer camps and conferences leading to positive benefits for the campus.
- We create learning environments that are inclusive, accessible, adaptable, and equipped with appropriate technology for a variety of events.
The variety of event spaces makes Slippery Rock University the venue of choice for student, staff, faculty, and community members to hold meetings, workshops, banquets, weddings, conferences, summer camps, and other special events. For additional information, stop by the Student Center Information Desk or call 724-738-4926.