Academic Catalog 2021-2022

Slippery Rock University

Non-Degree Student Admission

A non-degree student is a student who does not possess a baccalaureate degree and wishes to enroll for undergraduate level credit coursework at Slippery Rock University for enrichment and does not intend to use the course work toward a degree program at an institution of higher education. Non-degree admission is valid for one semester at a time. Students who wish to enroll as non-degree students may reapply for admission for subsequent terms until a maximum of 30 semester hours have been completed, at which time further enrollment is precluded in the non-degree status. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.

Admission Guidelines for Non-Degree Student Admission

A non-degree student must be a high school graduate or have a GED to enroll. Non-degree student applicants sign a statement on the application for admission to that extent and have one semester of attendance to supply proof of high school graduation (generally either a high school transcript or GED). The Slippery Rock University Fast Track Program also offers admission as non-degree students to qualified high school students seeking to enroll at the University prior to high school graduation. Students interested in the Fast Track program should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions directly for more information, and to schedule a meeting to discuss the Fast Track application process.

How to apply for Admission as a Non-Degree Student

Applicants need to supply the following credentials to apply for admission:

  • A completed Non-Degree Application for Admission
  • Non-Degree student applicants do not pay an application fee
  • Unofficial high school transcripts with a graduation date posted (or GED) are required during the term of enrollment. Other credentials may be appropriate for special Slippery Rock University programs. Other transcripts may be required to meet specific course prerequisites.

Non-degree students must enroll and make payment by registration and fee payment deadlines as published in the class schedule for the term in which they wish to enroll.