Minor GPA: 2.0 or higher
- Students must complete at least 6 credit hours in their minor from SRU
- A minimum of 6 credit hours must be upper division (courses numbered 300 and above)
- A minor shall be no fewer than 18 credits.
- Students graduating in December 2015 and thereafter may only use 6 credits from their academic major towards the completion of an academic minor.
- Minor students will require pre-requisite overrides for all 300-level CRIM courses and above. Please contact your CRIM Adviser.
|CRIM 110||Introduction to Criminology & Criminal Justice Systems||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Introduction to Criminal Procedure|
|CRIM 301||Theoretical Criminology||3|
|CRIM 345||Juvenile Delinquency||3|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|Statistical Methods in Criminology and Criminal Justice|
|Research Methods in Criminology and Criminal Justice|
|Criminal Justice interventions 1|
|Criminal Justice Interventions 2|
|Criminal Justice and the Multicultural Community|
|Transnational Crime & Justice|
|Police and Society|
|Women & the Criminal Justice System|
|Forensic Behavior:Crime and the Individual|
|Applied Criminal Procedures|
|White Collar Crime|
|Capstone: Ethics and Criminal Justice|
|Criminal Justice Policy|
|The Death Penalty|
|Crime & Media|
Some courses may require pre-requisites. Please see course descriptions to determine if there are any pre-requisites for that specific course.
Important Curriculum Guide Notes
This Curriculum Guide is provided to help SRU students and prospective students better understand their intended major curriculum. Enrolled SRU students should note that the My Rock Audit may place already-earned and/or in progress courses in different, yet valid, curriculum categories. Enrolled SRU students should use the My Rock Audit Report and materials and information provided by their faculty advisers to ensure accurate progress towards degree completion. The information on this guide is current as of the date listed. Students are responsible for curriculum requirements at the time of enrollment at the University.
PASSHE - Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Institutions
MINOR IN CRIMINOLOGY (80E)
This program is effective as of Fall 2020.
Revision date: 07.08.2020