Elementary School Mathematics, Minor
Minor GPA: 2.0 or higher
- Students must complete at least 9 credit hours of MATH/STAT in their minor from SRU
- Students enrolled in both the Minor in Middle School Mathematics and the Minor in Elementary School Mathematics must complete at least 9 credits in each of these minors that are NOT being counted in the other.
- A minimum of 6 credit hours must be upper division (courses numbered 300 and above)
- A minor shall be no fewer than 18 credits.
- ELEC 340 has an off-campus field component and requires appropriate teacher clearances. Contact the instructor before enrolling in ELEC 340.
|Required Mathematics Courses|
|MATH 118||Elementary Geometry||3|
|MATH 210||Elementary Mathematics I||3|
|MATH 310||Elementary Mathematics II||3|
|ELEC 340||Mathematics Methods and Strategies for PRE K - 4 Teachers||3|
|Select three courses of the following:||9|
|Mathematics as a Liberal Art|
|Finite Mathematics with Matrices|
|Elementary Statistics I|
|Elementary Statistics II|
|Introduction to Statistical Modeling|
Some courses may require pre-requisites. Please see course descriptions to determine if there are any pre-requisites for that specific course.
Important Curriculum Guide Notes
This Curriculum Guide is provided to help SRU students and prospective students better understand their intended major curriculum. Enrolled SRU students should note that the My Rock Audit may place already-earned and/or in progress courses in different, yet valid, curriculum categories. Enrolled SRU students should use the My Rock Audit Report and materials and information provided by their faculty advisers to ensure accurate progress towards degree completion. The information on this guide is current as of the date listed. Students are responsible for curriculum requirements at the time of enrollment at the University.
PASSHE - Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Institutions
Minor in Elementary School Math (52B)
This program is effective as of Fall 2020