- All undergraduate degree programs require a minimum of 120 credits.
- All students are required to earn a minimum overall GPA of a 2.000 to graduate.
- Students must complete 30 of their final 60 credits in residence at SRU. In addition, individual departments may establish residency requirements for their majors and minors. Students should check with their academic adviser to determine the requirements for their academic program
- Students must complete a minimum of 45 credits of Liberal Studies coursework or 42 credits of Rock Studies coursework.
- Students must complete 48 credits of upper-division coursework. Thirty-nine of the 48 credits must be at the 300-level or higher, the additional 9 credits may include courses requiring a 3 credit prerequisite. At least 24 of the 48 credits must be completed at SRU.
- Students must complete at least half their major (15 credit minimum) in 300 or higher level courses. Students must also complete at least 50% of their major at a PASSHE university.
- Bachelor of Arts degrees require language proficiency at the 103 class level. Exemption by placement or examination is possible.
- Beginning with May 2021 graduates, students must complete at least 45 undergraduate credits at SRU to be considered for Latin Honors at the point of graduation.
**Some students will actually complete more than 120 credit hours. This can occur for several reasons:
- Some students will be required to take additional courses necessary to develop basic academic competencies. These courses are not counted as credit toward graduation.
- Some students may choose to take more than 120 credit hours. For example: When students choose to complete more than one major, or a minor/certificate.
- Some majors require more than 120 credit hours for a bachelor's degree.