The following course numbering system is used:
- 100-199 are freshman level courses
- 200-299 are sophomore level courses
- 300-399 are junior level courses
- 400-499 are senior level courses
- 500-899 are graduate level courses
With approval of the dean, juniors and seniors having a 2.500 cumulative grade point average may enroll in 500 numbered courses for undergraduate credit. Only seniors with their dean’s permission are permitted to register for graduate credit in courses numbered 500 and above. Post-baccalaureate students may take 500 level courses for undergraduate credit, and, with the permission of the dean of their college, 500 or 600 level courses for graduate credit. 600-899 level courses may not be taken for undergraduate credit.