Health Informatics, Master of Science (MS)
Program Learning Outcomes
- Critically analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of a software system.
- Make informed choices among alternative configurations for the design, development, and implementation of software systems.
- Write clear and concise user directions, executive summaries, for technical and non-technical personnel.
- Perform data analysis and data mining to solve problems in health industry.
- Recognize the ethical, legal, and social impacts of deploying an electronic system in an interconnected global society.
- Solve health industry problems related to the implementation and deployment of computing systems to address the needs of an organization.
- Use oral and electronic communication to effectively communicate directions, employee critique, and summary information.
- Plan for and ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of data and the confidentiality of its use.
|Health Informatics Courses|
|CPSC 602||Introduction to Health Informatics||3|
|CPSC 605||Data Mining and Data Analysis||3|
|CPSC 606||Data Visualization||3|
|CPSC 620||Healthcare Ethics, Law, Privacy and Information Assurance||3|
|CPSC 623||Database Systems, Modeling and Security||3|
|CPSC 685||Big Data Analytics||3|
|CPSC 688||Software Engineering and Project Management||3|
|HLTH 628||Biostatistics for Public Health||3|
|or STAT 603||Statistical Methods|
|HLTH 605||Health Services Administration||3|
|HLTH 631||Foundations of Public Health||3|
|Health Informatics Capstone or Informatics Internship|
|CPSC 720||Health Informatics Capstone||3|
|or CPSC 750||Informatics Internship|
Important Curriculum Guide Notes
This Curriculum Guide is provided to help SRU students and prospective students better understand their intended major curriculum. Enrolled SRU students should note that the My Rock Audit may place already-earned and/or in progress courses in different, yet valid, curriculum categories. Enrolled SRU students should use the My Rock Audit Report and materials and information provided by their faculty advisers to ensure accurate progress towards degree completion. The information on this guide is current as of the date listed. Students are responsible for curriculum requirements at the time of enrollment at the University.
PASSHE - Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Institutions
Major Code: 9HIN