Admission to the minor is based on availability of seats and students must declare the minor by the 1st semester of their Junior year. A grade of B or higher in Introduction to Psychology is required to declare and/or maintain the Minor. Students are required to maintain a minimum Psychology GPA of 2.5 in order to retain a declared major or minor in Psychology.
Minor GPA: 2.5 or higher
Admission to the Psychology Minor is by application and approval only.
- Must apply by Junior I status
- Must complete Introduction to Psychology with a grade of a “B” or higher to apply.
- Must submit the Psychology Minor Application form to the Psychology Department chair.
- Qualified students are admitted to the minor only as slots become available.
- Students must complete at least 9 credit hours in their minor from SRU
- A minimum of 9 credit hours must be upper division (courses numbered 300 and above)
- A minor shall be no fewer than 18 credits
- Student must maintain a Psychology GPA of 2.5 at all times
- Students who do not meet minimum standards will be dismissed from the program. All dismissals are permanent
|PSYC 105||Introduction to Psychology 1||3|
|Select five courses, nine credits at 300 level or higher:||15|
|Sensation & Perception|
|Human Sexual Behavior|
|Introduction to Abnormal Psychology|
|Psychology of Women, Gender and Culture|
|Psychology of Criminal Behavior|
|Introduction to Industrial-Organizational Psychology|
|Psychology of Sexual and Gender Diversity|
|Drugs and Behavior|
|History of Psychology|
|Child and Adolescent Development|
Students must earn a grade of “B” or higher in Introduction to Psychology to be admitted into the program. The course can only be repeated once.
Some courses may require pre-requisites. Please see course descriptions to determine if there are any pre-requisites for that specific course.
Important Curriculum Guide Notes
This Curriculum Guide is provided to help SRU students and prospective students better understand their intended major curriculum. Enrolled SRU students should note that the My Rock Audit may place already-earned and/or in progress courses in different, yet valid, curriculum categories. Enrolled SRU students should use the My Rock Audit Report and materials and information provided by their faculty advisers to ensure accurate progress towards degree completion. The information on this guide is current as of the date listed. Students are responsible for curriculum requirements at the time of enrollment at the University.
PASSHE - Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Institutions
MINOR IN PSYCHOLOGY (70A)
This program is effective as of Fall 2017.