Minor GPA: 2.0 or higher
- Students must complete at least 9 credit hours of MATH/STAT in their minor from SRU.
- Students enrolled in both the Minor in Mathematics and the Minor in Statistics must complete at least 9 credits in each of these minors that are NOT being counted in the other.
- Students enrolled in both the Minor in Actuarial Science and the Minor in Statistics must complete at least 9 credits in each these minors that are NOT being counted in the other.
- Mathematics majors must choose at least 15 credit hours in this minor distinct from those being counted toward the major.
- A minimum of 6 credit hours must be upper division (courses numbered 300 and above)
- A minor shall be no fewer than 18 credits.
|STAT 152||Elementary Statistics I||3|
|STAT 153||Elementary Statistics II||3|
|STAT 252||Introduction to Statistical Modeling||3|
|STAT 352||Mathematical Statistics I||3|
|STAT 353||Mathematical Statistics II||3|
|Required Courses for Non-Mathematics Majors|
|Mathematics majors may not count these courses in the Minor in Statistics:|
|MATH 225||Calculus I||4|
|MATH 230||Calculus II||4|
|Select courses of the followng to reach 24 credits total for this minor: 1||3-9|
|Biometry with Lab|
|Fundamentals of Database Systems|
|Intermediate Statistical Analysis|
|Data Management for Health Science|
|Mathematical Statistics III|
|Forecasting & Time Series|
|Statistical Quality Control|
|Advanced Behavioral Statistics|
Math majors may not choose MATH 231 in the Statistics minor
Some courses may require pre-requisites. Please see course descriptions to determine if there are any pre-requisites for that specific course.
Important Curriculum Guide Notes
This Curriculum Guide is provided to help SRU students and prospective students better understand their intended major curriculum. Enrolled SRU students should note that the My Rock Audit may place already-earned and/or in progress courses in different, yet valid, curriculum categories. Enrolled SRU students should use the My Rock Audit Report and materials and information provided by their faculty advisers to ensure accurate progress towards degree completion. The information on this guide is current as of the date listed. Students are responsible for curriculum requirements at the time of enrollment at the University.
PASSHE - Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Institutions
Minor in Statistics (52D)
This program is effective as of Fall 2020.