Feb 18, 2019
This academic ONLINE DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAM is designed for experienced college students, WHO HAVE COMPLETED SOME COURSEWORK AND PROVEN THEIR ABILITY TO SUCCEED AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL. Specifically, the program allows a student the opportunity to work with a faculty advisor to create an individualized program that makes best use of already earned credits, while striving to facilitate unique interests and goals.
Admission requirements for this program are as follows:
- Applicants must hold an associate degree from an SRU-recognized accredited program, which must include the equivalent of the following SRU courses:
- English Writing Proficiency: Students must transfer the equivalency of SRU’s ENGL 102 - Critical Writing course,
- Math Proficiency: Students must transfer the equivalency of SRU’s ACSD 110 - Beginning Algebra, or a higher level Math,
- Computer Competency: Applicants must transfer the equivalency of SRU’s CPSC 110 - Computer Concepts,
- Applicants must have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher from all post-secondary institutions attended.
Applicants must be in good academic standing at most recent institution attended.
Applicants, who do not hold a recognized associate degree but have earned 60 or more college credits including sufficient Liberal Studies coursework (27-30 credits,) may be considered for the program. Recognition of the program and eligibility for program admission is determined by the Transfer Admissions office.
Major Requirements - Credits: 42
- 21 major credits must be taken at SRU or PASSHE
- 21 major credits must be taken at the 300 level or above
Advisor approved courses.
Core Courses - Credits: 18
At least 6 credits in each of the following areas:
Oral and Written Communication Skills - Credits: 6
Interpersonal Skills and Civic Responsibility - Credits: 6
Analytical, Quantitative & Critical Thinking Skills - Credits: 6
Emphasis Area - Credits: 24
Courses selected should be related to or support the outcomes of the Emphasis Area developed with the Academic Advisor.
Experiential Learning Activities - Credits: 40
Must complete 40 hours of experiential learning activities that are approved by the Academic Advisor. Please consult with your Advisor for details of the options available.
Liberal Studies Requirements - Credits: 45-46
Computer Competency - 0-3
Students must demonstrate “computer competency” by completing one of the following courses at SRU or transfer from another post-secondary institution.
Other Basic Requirement
Check with your advisor or a current degree audit report to see if you have been exempted from this course. The credits earned in this course will not be counted toward the 120 minimum needed to earn a degree.