Mar 25, 2019
This academic ONLINE DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAM is designed for experienced college students, WHO HAVE COMPLETED SOME COURSEWORK AND PROVEN THEIR ABILITY TO SUCCEED AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL. Specifically, the Leadership Studies program provides a strong foundation for work in any employment sector. The curriculum includes coursework to help students make decisions and problem-solve, analyze data, work in a team environment, professionally communicate and manage time and proficiently organize the work environment.
Admission requirements for this program are as follows:
- Applicants must hold an associate degree from an SRU-recognized accredited program, which must include the equivalent of the following SRU courses:
- English Writing Proficiency: Students must transfer the equivalency of SRU’s ENGL 102 - Critical Writing course,
- Math Proficiency: Students must transfer the equivalency of SRU’s ACSD 110 - Beginning Algebra, or a higher level Math,
- Computer Competency: Students must transfer the equivalency of SRU’s CPSC 110 - Computer Concepts,
- Applicants must have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing at most recent institution attended.
Applicants, who do not hold a recognized associate degree but have earned 60 or more college credits including sufficient Liberal Studies coursework, may be considered for the program. Recognition of the program and eligibility for program admission is determined by the Transfer Admissions office.
Major Requirements - Credits: 42
- 21 major credits must be taken at SRU or PASSHE
- 21 major credits must be taken at the 300 level or above (Advisor approved courses)
Core Courses - Credits: 18
Oral and Written Communication Skills - Credits: 6
Interpersonal Skills and Civic Responsibility - Credits: 6
Analytical, Quantitative & Critical Thinking Skills - Credits: 6
Emphasis Area - Credits: 24
24 credits from the categories below. Students must take at lease one course in each area.
A: Leading Self - Credits: 3-9
B: Leading Others - Credits: 3-12
C: Leading Organizations - Credits: 3-12
D: Leadership Experience - Credits: 6
Experiential learning Activities
Must complete 40 hours of experiential learning activities which are fulfilled by section D above or by an approved substitution by the Academic Advisor. Please consult with your Advisor for details of the options available.
Other Basic Requirement
Must pass this developmental course or be Exempt.
Computer Competency - 0-3
Students must demonstrate “computer competency” by completing or transferring the equivalent of one of the following SRU courses, or by passing the SRU Computer Competency Exam.