The accelerated concentration within the Psychology (BS) will prepare students for the Master of Arts in Psychology (MAP) at Chatham University. The accelerated concentration is designed to give students an opportunity to enrich their undergraduate education with an intensive program in psychology and facilitate their entry into the M.A. in Psychology at Chatham University. The course work is tailored to meet the needs of the student as both a Psychology major and in deepening their understanding of psychological science and theories.
The following are Psychology Chatham MAP accelerated requirements. If any of the following criteria are not satisfied, the concentration designation will be removed from the student’s record:
1. A minimum of a grade of C in each psychology course
2. A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
3. All Psychology required courses taken through SRU, except Introduction to Psychology
4. Required Professional Competency must be taken through SRU
5. Psychology elective courses may be transferred
6. Recommended that the student meet with a faculty member from Chatham University (either in person, by phone or by email) during their sophomore or junior year.