The Advanced Track in Educational Leadership: Single Area Supervisor program is a Master of Education degree for individuals who already possess teacher certification. Issuance of the Single Area Supervisory Certificate requires a minimum of five years of professional school experience in the area for which the certificate is sought. Subsequently, this program can lead to Pennsylvania’s Single Area Supervisory Certificate for one of the following: supervisor of mathematics; supervisor of social studies; supervisor of science, or supervisor of communications.
To be considered for unconditional admission, all applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) from an accredited institution of higher education. Applicants must submit a copy of their PA teaching certificate and proof of three years teaching experience forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Degree Completion Process
There are five steps to completing a master’s degree at
Slippery Rock University. Students must:
1. Obtain unconditional admission status,
2. Be approved for degree candidacy (students must successfully complete between 6 and 12 credit hours in a declared program of study and pass the Praxis I: Academic Skills Assessments for the Basic Program),
3. Pass appropriate comprehensive examination,
4. Complete research requirements,
5. Complete requisite credit hours.
Note: All required sections of the Praxis I and Praxis II must be completed and passed prior to enrollment in Seminar and Supervised Student Teaching.
Upon completion of these five steps, the student will be required to apply for graduation before the end of the semester in which he or she wishes to graduate. See the Graduate Catalog for further information.