Office: 005 Patterson Hall
Angela Bernardo, Joseph Cali, James Culligan, Hope Dropp, Joseph Losko, David McCall, Jessica Richardson, Dave Shafer, Rona Smeak, William Smith
The Department of Safety Management offers a Bachelor of Science with a major in Safety Management.
The mission of the Safety Management Major at Slippery Rock University is to provide a quality education in the managerial and technical aspects in the field of professional safety practice. Safety Management involves protecting and preserving people, property, productivity, and the environment.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Safety Management at Slippery Rock University meets the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) requirements as a Qualified Academic Program (QAP). The Safety Management major at SRU is an Institute for Safety and Health Management (ISHM) Board-approved degree program.
- All Transfer, Readmit, and change of major students must have an overall GPA of 2.75 before being admitted to the Safety Management major.
- All Post-Bacc and second major students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 before being admitted to the Safety Management major.
- Mid-term grades are not to be calculated when determining GPA for entry into the Safety Management major. All change of major students must have completed 12 hours of coursework at Slippery Rock University.
- Once admitted to the Safety Management major, all students must maintain the current overall GPA of 2.25 and a Major GPA of 2.25, in order to graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Safety Management. It is solely the students’ responsibility to monitor and meet this requirement.
- The Safety Management Department does not process any Change-of-Major, Second Major, and Post Bac requests two weeks prior to, or during, any registration period.