Master’s students must earn at least two-thirds of the credits meeting program requirements at SRU. Collaborative programs will be identified such that residency can be met consistent with the collaborative agreement.
DPT, OTD, and Ed.D. residency requirements are determined at the program level.
Second Master’s Degree
In order to qualify for a second master’s degree, regardless of where the first master’s degree was earned, the graduate student must:
- Successfully complete a minimum of 15 semester hours of credit at Slippery Rock University beyond the first master’s degree.
- Apply no more than 12 semester hours of credit from the first degree toward requirements for the second degree.
- Meet departmental requirements for the degree with respect to the required semester hours of credit and courses for a major in that department.
- Complete all requirements for the degree, with the exception of credits accepted from the program of the first degree, within the six-year statute of limitations.
- Satisfy all incompletes prior to graduation.
- Meet all other University requirements for graduation and be in good standing.
Exceptions to these policies must be approved by the student’s chairperson and dean of the second degree.
Posthumous Conferral of Degree
Slippery Rock University may recognize a student’s work by conferring a degree or special certificate posthumously. In the event of an accidental death or fatal illness of a student, the university may confer the degree or certificate. The student will have completed all or nearly all of the requirements for a degree. The student will have completed at least one year at SRU for the award of a certificate.